The InFocus satellite venture teamed Transparent Sky, Pumpkin, Inc., Southern Stars, and researchers
from the University of Missouri under a new company, InFocus, to create a new generation of imaging
spacecraft using advanced algorithms and powerful embedded CPU/GPU configurations.
Features of TechSat I
- Near diffraction-limited raw image resolution
- Novel image-based stabilization, pointing in real-time
- On-board resolution enhancement and 3D reconstruction
- First ever use of nVidia CPU/GPU on spacecraft
Developed in Record Time:
Spacecraft like TechSat-1 can be constructed quickly and delivered for future space-based
imaging systems as-is or with a series of planned upgrades.
- Apr 2015: InFocus venture formed
- Sep 3: Spacecraft delivered
- Payload capacity of approximately 5 lbs
- Nov 3: U.S. Military ORS-4 Launch failed prior to booster separation